Help and support

More advice

Many questions we are asked can be answered by using our calculator. For example:

If I take a part time job will it affect my benefits?

My child has left home so I have stopped getting child benefit. Am I entitled to anything else?

Will I be entitled to anything if I drop my hours at work after having my second child?

Enter your current details into the calculator to find out what you may be entitled to now and if your circumstances are changing do another calculation to see if the amounts have changed.

If you have tried the tool and need further advice you can get more information about your entitlement to benefits and tax credits from your local Citizen’s Advice Bureaux and from a range of voluntary and statutory organisations.

Citizens Advice Bureau: Comprehensive information on your rights Comprehensive directory of government online services and information (previously called Directgov)

NIdirect: Comprehensive directory of government services for Northern Ireland

BBC benefits and tax credits pages: News and information on entitlements

Low Incomes Tax Reform Group: Help and advice on tax and tax credits for people on low incomes

Debt Support Trust and StepChange: For help and support with debt

Information for disabled people and carers

Action for Blind People: help with welfare rights issues for blind people

British Deaf Association: help with welfare rights issues for deaf people

Carers UK: Carers UK is the voice of carers and the leading campaigning, policy and information organisation for carers.

Disability Rights UK: Network for disabled people


For information on your consumer rights and how to complain see Resolver.


We use cookies to improve your experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume you are happy to receive all cookies from our website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time.