We ask that you read these terms and condition of use as they contain important information on how you can use our website and the materials and services on our website. This includes information on limitations on use (including important prohibitions on use including commercial use (Section 2) and use of the services above certain limits (Section 9)).
The terms and conditions will also tell you about limits of our liability in relation to the website and the materials and services on our website and how you should treat any content on our website or results of calculations (Section 3 and Section 14).
These terms were last updated on 7 March 2023.
These terms and conditions shall govern your use of our website. By using our website, you accept these terms and conditions in full; accordingly, if you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use our website.
If you register with our website we will ask you to expressly agree to these terms and conditions.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use our website; by using our website or agreeing to these terms and conditions, you warrant and represent to us that you are at least 18 years of age.
2. Permission to use website and prohibitions on use
Subject to the other provisions of these terms and conditions you may:
- view pages from our website in a web browser;
- download pages from our website for caching in a web browser;
- print pages from our website for your own personal and non-commercial use, providing that such printing is not systematic or excessive;
- stream audio and video files from our website using the media player on our website;
- use our website services by means of a web browser; and
- receive an emailed copy of your calculations results as permitted by the website.
Except as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions, you must not download any material from our website or save any such material to your computer.
You may only use our website for your own personal purposes or, in case of organisations/advisers who provide services to third parties, to access information about purchasing our products and/or services.
You must not use our website for any other purposes including providing services to third parties. Commercial use of our services is subject to our commercial terms and conditions which we can make available on request.
Except as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions, you must not edit or otherwise modify any material on our website.
Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not:
- republish material from our website (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from our website;
- show any material from our website in public;
- exploit material from our website for a commercial purpose; or
- redistribute material from our website.
We reserve the right to suspend or restrict access to our website, to areas of our website and/or to functionality upon our website. We may, for example, suspend access to the website during server maintenance or when we update the website. You must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on the website.
Any legal or financial information or commentary provided on our website or through our website services is provided for information purposes only and is not advice and should not be relied on as legal or financial advice. We do not provide any legal, financial, accountancy or taxation advice on our website or through our website services.
All benefits calculations performed via our website services are estimates only and should not be used as a definitive indication of your entitlement to benefits or tax credits. If our benefits calculator indicates that you are entitled to claim benefit, you must contact the relevant agency (your local authority, the Department for Work and Pensions or HM Revenue and Customs) to obtain accurate figures. We recommend that you should also contact them to check your entitlement even if our benefits calculator indicates you are not entitled.
We do not warrant or represent:
- the completeness or accuracy of the information published on our website;
- that the material on the website is up to date;
- that the website will operate without fault; or
- that the website or any service on the website will remain available
We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these terms and conditions, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.
We exclude all representations and warranties relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, our website and the use of our website, except where we cannot do so under law and as described in Section 14 (Limitations and exclusions of liability).
4. Advisers’ use
Our website is designed for members of the public that want to determine the way the UK's benefit system affects their personal financial position, as well as members of the public helping their friends and family work out what they can claim. Our free public website is not intended for use by professionals and benefit advisers.
We offer a range of cost-effective products and services with enhanced functionality that are designed for such commercial use. Please contact us if you would like more information about how we can help you and your team support your clients to understand their entitlements.
5. Registered and unregistered users of website services
You can use our website services as a registered or unregistered user. For limits on use of the services please see Section 9 (Fair use limit).
6. Registered users
You may register for an account with our website by completing and submitting the account registration form on our website.
You must not allow any other person to use your account to access the website. You must notify us in writing immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account.
7. User login details
If you register for an account with our website, you will be asked to enter your email address and choose a password. You must keep your password confidential and you must notify us in writing immediately if you become aware of any disclosure of your password.
You are responsible for any activity on our website arising out of any failure to keep your password confidential, and may be held liable for any losses arising out of such a failure.
8. Cancellation and suspension of account
We may carry out the following at any time in our sole discretion with or without notice to you:
- suspend your account;
- cancel your account; and/or
- edit your account details.
We will usually cancel an account if it remains unused for a continuous period of 18 months.
You may cancel your account on our website using your account settings.
9. Fair use limit
The use of our website services is subject to limitation on the number of calculations you can perform using the website services (the benefits calculator). The limitations are as follow:
|The benefits calculator available without the registered account||The benefits calculator available via the registered account|
|2 calculations per day||10 calculations per year|
The limits have been designed to allow members of the public to carry out a reasonable number of calculations.
Registered users can access extra features that are not available to unregistered users, including the ability to carry out more than two calculations per day.
In relation to a registered account, when the use limit has been reached, you will be provided with details on how to upgrade your account to one of our commercial accounts via our Choose your plan page.
Please note, you will not be able to transfer any completed calculations from a registered account to a commercial account. If you may need to exceed the use limit we suggest you visit the page above in advance of registration.
If you are a member of the public and wish to increase the use limit to carry out further calculations, please contact us and we will consider your request.
If you exceed the use limits as set out above or if we reasonably suspect that you have exceeded such use limits we will treat such excessive use as a breach of these terms and conditions and may take actions listed in Section 16 (Breaches of these terms and conditions).
10. Third party websites and inbound links
Our website includes hyperlinks to other websites owned and operated by third parties (including hyperlinks to social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook); such hyperlinks are not recommendations.
We have no control over third party websites and their contents, and subject to Section 14 (Limitations and exclusions of liability), we accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
You must not create inbound links to our website from other websites without our prior written consent. If you would like to create an inbound link or would like to discuss how our benefits calculators can work for your organisation please contact us.
11. Our rights to use your content
In these terms and conditions, "your content" means all data and materials that you submit to us or our website for storage or processing by, or transmission via, our website. We only use your content so that we can provide the website services you requested, for example, carry out the benefit calculations or email the results of such calculations to you.
You grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, copy, reproduce, adapt, edit, store, export, translate your content in relation to this website and any successor website and to sub-license these rights. We may, for example, sub-license these rights to our hosting, connectivity and telecommunications service providers so that we can provide our website services to you.
12. Rules about your content
Your content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any person's legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action against any person (in each case in any jurisdiction and under any applicable law).
Your content, and the use of your content by us in accordance with these terms and conditions, must not infringe any right of confidence, right of privacy or right under data protection legislation.
13. Report abuse
If you learn of any unlawful activity on our website, or any material or activity that breaches these terms and conditions, please let us know via our contact form.
14. Limitations and exclusions of liability
Nothing in these terms and conditions will:
- limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this section, and elsewhere in these terms and conditions, govern all liabilities arising under these terms and conditions or relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty, except to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these terms and conditions.
To the extent that our website, the information and services on our website (including benefits calculators) are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature
15. Misuse of website
You must not:
- use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability, accessibility, integrity or security of the website;
- use our website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
- hack or otherwise tamper with our website;
- probe, scan or test the vulnerability of our website without our permission;
- circumvent any authentication or security systems or processes on or relating to our website;
- use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
- impose an unreasonably large load on our website resources (including bandwidth, storage capacity and processing capacity);
- decrypt or decipher any communications sent by or to our website without our permission
- conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent;
- access or otherwise interact with our website using any robot, spider or other automated means, except for the purpose of search engine indexing;
- use our website except by means of our public interfaces;
- violate the directives set out in the robots.txt file for our website;
- use data collected from our website for any direct marketing activity (including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing); or
- do anything that interferes with the normal use of our website.
16. Breaches of these terms and conditions
Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may:
- send you one or more formal warnings;
- temporarily suspend your access to our website;
- permanently prohibit you from accessing our website;
- block computers using your IP address from accessing our website;
- contact any or all of your internet service providers and request that they block your access to our website;
- commence legal action against you; and/or
- suspend or delete your account on our website.
Where we suspend or prohibit or block your access to our website or a part of our website, you must not take any action to circumvent such suspension or prohibition or blocking (including without limitation creating and/or using a different account).
17. Trade marks
Our trade marks: “entitledto”, our logos and our other registered and unregistered trade marks are trade marks belonging to us; we give no permission for the use of these trade marks, and such use may constitute an infringement of our rights.
Third party trade marks: The third party registered and unregistered trade marks or service marks on our website are the property of their respective owners and, unless stated otherwise in these terms and conditions, we do not endorse and are not affiliated with any of the holders of any such rights and as such we cannot grant any licence to exercise such rights.
We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time.
We will provide a written notice of any revision of these terms and conditions on our website and the revised terms and conditions shall apply to the use of our website from the date of publication of the revised terms and conditions. If you do not agree to the revised terms and conditions, you must stop using our website.
19. Transfer of rights
You may not without our prior written consent assign, transfer or otherwise deal with any of your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect.
If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision of these terms and conditions would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
21. Third party rights
Any of our rights and your rights under these terms and conditions is for our benefit and your benefit, and is not intended to benefit any third party.
22. Law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.<
Any disputes relating to these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
23. Our details
This website is owned and operated by entitledto Limited.
We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 05191376, and our registered office is at Delta House, 16 Bridge Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 1UA.
You can contact us by post, to the postal address given above, or using our website contact form.
24. Copyright notice
Copyright (c) 2023 entitledto.
Subject to the express provisions of these terms and conditions:
- we, together with our licensors, own and control all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material and services on our website; and
- all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material and services on our website are reserved.