Income Support Information

Income Support

What is it?

Income Support is a means-tested benefit for people who are not working (or only working part-time). Special rules allow some carers to claim even if they are working full-time. Income Support can include help with the cost of your mortgage or home loan. For more information see help with housing costs.

Can I get it?

Income Support is being replaced by Universal Credit. If you have to make a new claim then you will need to claim Universal Credit instead of Income Support.