Home Improvements Grants

Home Improvements Grants

What is it?

If you are a homeowner or a private tenant you may be able to claim help towards making repairs, improvements or adaptations to your home. If you live in Northern Ireland please see our help page on home improvement grants in Northern Ireland.

Can I get it?

Only homeowners or private sector tenants can apply. Whether assistance is granted is at the discretion of your local authority – there are no national rules. In general grants are paid to people who are older, disabled or on a low income.

How do I claim?

To make a claim contact your local authority. You can also get information from your local Home Improvement Agency - more information is available at the Foundations website.


We use cookies to improve your experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume you are happy to receive all cookies from our website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time.