Investments should normally be included as savings. You do not need to include life insurance policies which have not been cashed in.
The following are completely excluded from savings:
- your home
- your business assets
- your personal possessions.
- sale proceeds of your home for up to six months if you intend to buy another home
- money from insurance claims for up to six months if used to replace or repair
- any Social Fund payment
- arrears of certain state benefits
- certain compensation payments